Our agricultural department is made up of solicitors who are members of both the County Landowners Association and Agricultural Law Association. Working from our base in the Sandbach office the department has developed longstanding relationships with our clients and land agents both regionally and nationally. Having a strong local base allows our agricultural lawyers in Cheshire to understand the needs of all of our clients and apply that to other clients across the country.
Headed by Mike Bracegirdle, who himself remains involved on the family farm, and assisted by Kate Heath, the department brings together with the skills and knowledge of solicitors working across several departments, reflecting the diverse need and requirements of the farming community. Mike works closely with Dianne Mooney, the head of the Commercial Property department who is also based at Sandbach.
We can assist and advise upon
- Buying, selling and finance for farms, agricultural land, country houses and estates
- Trusts, tax and inheritance issues
- Farm business tenancies and agricultural holdings advice
- Health and safety and environmental prosecutions
- Business structures, partnerships, limited liability companies
- Telecommunication leases and wayleaves
- Diversification, barn developments and wind farms
- Sporting rights, fishing and equestrian pursuits
- Litigation and debt recovery
- Single farm payments and stewardship schemes
- Employment contracts and advice
We pride ourselves providing an efficient and cost effective service. We are able to provide home visits and attend meetings at your convenience with your professional advisers, accountants and land agents.