Divorce & Family
We are a leading team of Divorce and Family Solicitors with our specialist divorce solicitors providing expert advice about divorce and separation.
Our property lawyers will explain every step of the conveyancing process, and make it as professional, swift and seamless as possible.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Poole Alcock as a Conveyancing Assistant in the New Build Department in our fast growing and ambitious firm. The successful candidate will have previous experience of new build conveyancing and will play a key role in the delivery of customer service in line with the firm’s ‘Committed to Excellence’ promise.
Nature & Scope
To assist lawyers in the delivery of excellent client service and case progression through a variety of support based and administrative duties.
This role reports to the Head of Residential Conveyancing.
· Customer Service Focus
· Information Management
· Organised with good time management
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Skilled in the use of IT
· Ability to follow instructions
· Good use of initiative
· Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
· Verbal and written communication skills
· Problem solving skills
· Ability to handle complex information
· Ability to communicate with all kinds of clients
· Respect for confidential information
Customer Service Focus
· To communicate with clients and potential clients in a positive, professional and friendly manner
· To project a positive and professional image, including personal presentation
· To ensure that all client queries are handled efficiently and that information provided to them, and any involved third parties, is accurate and timely
Handing inbound telephone calls
· To ensure that calls (internal and external) are answered promptly (preferably within three rings) and professionally
· To answer inbound telephone calls, assisting the caller and promptly directing them to another member of the team if appropriate
· To co-ordinate a high volume of calls during peak periods, prioritising
work and situations
· To take messages where necessary and direct these to an appropriate member of staff in a timely manner
· To pass on messages to clients and third parties where appropriate
· To provide accurate information to clients and third parties
· To respect the sensitive and confidential information disclosed by clients
· To maintain good working relationships with colleagues
· To provide cover for colleagues where appropriate (including colleagues from different teams/office locations)
· To ensure the proper handover of work to colleagues covering you during periods of leave/absence
· To use departmental and office directory to ensure efficient transfer of calls, both internally and to all other office locations
Administration & Case Management
· To provide general administrative support to colleagues where needed
· To prepare correspondence and documents where appropriate
· To ensure that the relevant case management systems used are updated promptly and accurately
· To ensure that client files, both paper and electronic, are organised and stored correctly and securely
· Ensure that files are kept out of public view (i.e. not left in reception or other client areas) and that window blinds are closed during office closing so that client files are not on view
· Competitive salary
· 20 days per annum annual leave plus statutory bank holidays. Additionally, the firm ordinarily closes between Christmas and New Year albeit the firm reserves the unfettered right to withdraw this additional leave as required by business needs. You will also get an extra day’s holiday for your birthday
· Entitlement to join the company pension scheme.
· Entitlement to participate in the firm’s cash healthcare scheme.
· Enhanced maternity package (subject to qualifying conditions)
Other Candidate Information
· The role will be based at our Northwich office but there will be a contractual requirement to work at any of our offices. Hybrid working will be considered upon request in accordance with the firm’s current policy.
· Although this role is advertised as a full time position the firm will, upon request, consider whether the role can be conducted on a part time or shared basis.
· Any offer is conditional upon receipt of two satisfactory references and a basic DBS check.
· Poole Alcock is an equal opportunities employer and intends to treat everyone equally regardless of disability, race, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Application deadline:30 November 2023
Deadline for applications is 12 noon on 30 November 2023. Applications will only be accepted if submitted on our application form. Please send this for the attention of Diane Powell, HR Manager to email@example.com
Share this role on social:
Download the application form and either post it to the address below, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the online form below and upload your documents.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if submitted on our application and separable monitoring forms.
Mrs Diane Powell, HR Manager, Poole Alcock LLP, The Dowery, 22 Barker Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5TE