Divorce & Family
We are a leading team of Divorce and Family Solicitors with our specialist divorce solicitors providing expert advice about divorce and separation.
Our property lawyers will explain every step of the conveyancing process, and make it as professional, swift and seamless as possible.
Nature & Scope
To provide support to fee earner(s) to enable them to deal with clients efficiently and effectively. Delivers a high level of customer service to clients. Projects a professional image to visitors and telephone callers at all times by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately. Works collaboratively with colleagues to facilitate the smooth running of the office.
* Customer service focus
* Ability to produce work with accuracy
* Professional personal presentation
* Information management
* Organisational skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to type 50 words per minute
* Ability to work unsupervised
* Verbal and written communication
* Excellent time keeping
Administration / Secretarial Work
* To provide general administrative support to colleagues where directed by line manager
* To prepare correspondence and documents as directed by line manager by audio typing and copy work
* To organise post and ensure this is signed by line manager (or as otherwise directed) and ready to be dispatched at the end of each day
* To manage the electronic diaries of fee earners as directed by line manager
* To manage incoming post and filing (hard copy and electronic) as directed by line manager
* To manage files so that the documents are readily accessible
* To ensure that confidential information is not passed on to third parties without the permission of line manager
* To handle information in a manner consistent with the firm’s policies relating to data protection and information security
Handling inbound telephone calls
* To ensure that calls are answered promptly (preferably within three rings) and professionally
* To deal with enquiries effectively in the absence of the fee earner
* To take accurate messages and pass them on to the correct recipient in a timely manner
* To promptly direct callers to the appropriate member of staff if they are not the intended recipient
* To greet visitors efficiently, and in a positive, professional and friendly manner
* To project a positive and professional image to visitors to the office, including personal presentation
* To make visitors feel welcome
* Preparing meeting rooms for your fee earner prior to them seeing visitors
* To tidy meeting rooms after your fee earner has finished using it
* To maintain good working relationships with colleagues
* To backfill other administrative functions within the office as required – for example providing cover for reception
* To use departmental and office directory to ensure efficient transfer of calls, both internally and to all other office locations
* To monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness, following appropriate policies and procedures
* To ensure that their working environment is safe and clean and to eliminate potential slip and trip hazards
* To report any potential safety hazards to line manager
* Competitive salary
* 20 days per annum annual leave plus statutory bank holidays. Additionally, the firm ordinarily closes between Christmas and New Year albeit the firm reserves the unfettered right to withdraw this additional leave as required by business needs. You will also get an extra day’s holiday for your birthday and length of service.
* Entitlement to join the company pension scheme
* Entitlement to participate in the firm’s cash healthcare scheme
* Enhanced maternity pay (subject to conditions)
Other candidate information
* The role will be based at our Northwich office but there will be a contractual requirement to work at any of our Cheshire offices.
* Although this role is advertised as a full time position the firm will, upon request, consider whether the role can be conducted on a part time or shared basis.
* Any offer is conditional upon receipt of a satisfactory reference, a basic DBS check, Social Media Check, Employee Credit Check, Sanctions Check and a check with our Regulatory Body
* Poole Alcock is an equal opportunities employer and intends to treat everyone equally regardless of disability, race, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
* Additional leave
* Company pension
* Enhanced maternity leave
Application deadline: 26/10/2023
Deadline for applications is Thursday 30 November at 12 noon.
Applications will only be accepted if submitted on our application form.
All applications should be sent to Diane Powell, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Share this role on social:
Download the application form and either post it to the address below, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the online form below and upload your documents.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if submitted on our application and separable monitoring forms.
Mrs Diane Powell, HR Manager, Poole Alcock LLP, The Dowery, 22 Barker Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5TE