Divorce & Family
We are a leading team of Divorce and Family Solicitors with our specialist divorce solicitors providing expert advice about divorce and separation.
Our property lawyers will explain every step of the conveyancing process, and make it as professional, swift and seamless as possible.
Nature & Scope
The role is to develop and handle a full case load of private client files for client. You will be responsible for the performance and effectiveness of any staff reporting to you. To ensure personal and team targets are met and provide excellent customer service and at all times comply with the firm’s procedures as well as meeting professional standards.
This role reports to the Head of Private Client.
· Ensure the delivery of excellent customer service to all clients including good communication, timely response to correspondence and proactive management of client work.
· Ensure personal and team compliance with professional conduct rules and internal policies and procedures.
· Manage financial aspects of client work effectively and work within parameters communicated in relation to write offs.
· To ensure that personal development is sustained.
· To ensure achievement of financial billing targets for client work are achieved for your team.
· To ensure achievement of billing and gross profit targets for your team.
· Meet targets for recovery of cash from clients for your team.
· Ensure personal and team manages files in a manner at all times consistent with any SLAs agreed with referrers of work
· Deliver effective supervision to any staff reporting in to you. Complete file reviews, on schedule, for any fee earners requested.
· Ensure that new matter opening targets are met for your team
· Participate regularly in business development activities to stimulate growth in caseload.
· Ensure personally and team conversion of enquiries into new business. Achieving conversion targets and working with others and business development personally and ensuring all of the team captures data relating to enquiry handling in a manner consistent with the firm’s internal procedures and communication of this data to the Business Development Manager.
· Be proactive in assisting the firm sell more services to existing clients directly or through cross selling.
· To ensure both you and the team are proficient in the effective use of the practice and case management system and any other technologies implemented to deliver personal and firm objectives.
Ensure the integrity of data for contacts, clients and matter which your team work on.
· Competitive basic salary to be negotiated at the point of offer depending upon level of experience.
· 23 days per annum annual leave plus statutory bank holidays. Additionally, the firm ordinarily closes between Christmas and New Year albeit the firm reserves the unfettered right to withdraw this additional leave as required by business needs.
· Entitlement to join the company pension scheme.
· Entitlement to participate in the firm’s cash healthcare scheme.
· Enhanced maturity pay (subject to conditions).
· Additional holidays for length of service
Other Candidate Information
· 0-3 years PQE
· The role will be based at one of our offices in Cheshire but there will be a contractual requirement to work at any of our Cheshire offices.
· Hybrid working will be considered upon request in accordance with the firm’s current policy.
· Although this role is advertised as a full time position the firm will, upon request, consider whether the role can be conducted on a part time or shared basis.
· Any offer is conditional upon receipt of a satisfactory reference, a basic DBS check, Social Media Check, Employee Credit Check, Sanctions Check and a check with our Regulatory Body
· Poole Alcock is an equal opportunities employer and intends to treat everyone equally regardless of disability, race, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Please submit your application by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Diane Powell.
Share this role on social:
Download the application form and either post it to the address below, email to email@example.com, or complete the online form below and upload your documents.
Please note that applications will only be accepted if submitted on our application and separable monitoring forms.
Mrs Diane Powell, HR Manager, Poole Alcock LLP, The Dowery, 22 Barker Street, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5TE