Poole Alcock Select Service (PASS) membership
Terms and Conditions
- PASS is a membership loyalty scheme (“PASS”) operated by Poole Alcock LLP solicitors (“Poole Alcock”). These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) set out the basis of the relationship between you and Poole Alcock in respect of PASS and you are deemed to accept these Conditions if you participate in membership of PASS or request services to be provided by Poole Alcock through PASS. These conditions are in addition to and not in substitution for our terms and conditions in relation to any services we provide to you. We call any instruction from you to use one of our services “an instruction”.
- Poole Alcock is a Limited Liability Partnership (registration number 0C310420) regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. A full list of the partners is available for inspection at any of our offices. Our registered office is at 2nd Floor, 34-36 High Street, Nantwich, Cheshire CW5 5AS (SRA number 408247). If you have any questions or complaints about PASS, please contact us by telephone at 01270 625478 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is a requirement of membership of PASS that you are 18 years old or over and are a resident in the United Kingdom.
- Poole Alcock provides services to PASS members at discounted rates. The current discounted rate is 25% reduction of our fees (excluding disbursements – for example payments to third parties, Search fees, Court fees) subject to a maximum discount of £1000.00 plus VAT per instruction. Poole Alcock reserves the right in its absolute discretion to change or withdraw any discount, offer or product at any time, for any reason.
- The discounted rates will only apply if you inform us that you are a PASS member at the beginning of the instruction. In all other cases Poole Alcock in its absolute discretion reserves the right not to apply the discount at all or to reduce the discount.
- The discounted rates will only apply to direct instructions and will not be available to any client referred to Poole Alcock by a third party.
- The discounted rates will not apply in conjunction with any other special offer or rate discount which may be promoted by the firm.
- Poole Alcock will not provide advice or act for you in connection with any dispute against your employer (be it your current, past of future employer) or against any other third party who has referred you to Poole Alcock.
- By participating in PASS you agree to allow Poole Alcock to use your data in accordance with this paragraph. You agree that if you wish to continue with membership of PASS, you will notify Poole Alcock of any changes in your contact details. We will not give your personal data to any third party without your prior permission. Poole Alcock will use the personal information provided by you for the following purposes:
- To administer PASS;
- To provide services under PASS;
- To comply with our duties under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and other money laundering legislation and regulations by which Poole Alcock is bound and you consent to our retaining that information indefinitely;
- To process payments for services supplied by Poole Alcock; and
- To inform you about similar products or services that Poole Alcock provides, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting Poole Alcock using the contact details provided above at paragraph 2.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Conditions to another organisation, and Poole Alcock will always notify you in writing if this happens, but this will not affect your rights under these Conditions. Your rights under these Conditions are not transferrable without our consent in writing.
- You or Poole Alcock may bring your membership of PASS to an end for any reason upon giving notice to the other in writing.
- Poole Alcock shall under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under, or associated with, PASS. Nothing in these Conditions shall limit or exclude Poole Alcock’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or the negligence of its employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for breach of the terms implied by section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.
- Each paragraph of these Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- These Conditions are governed by English law. You and Poole Alcock both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts if any dispute arises in connection with PASS.