Divorce & Family
We are a leading team of Divorce and Family Solicitors with our specialist divorce solicitors providing expert advice about divorce and separation.
Our property lawyers will explain every step of the conveyancing process, and make it as professional, swift and seamless as possible.
Below sets out our Employment Tribunal pricing information, including legal fees, disbursements and VAT. We have also detailed what our pricing includes, the assumptions about your case that these guideline fees are based on, timescales and key stages.
We act for employees as well as employers, and the the pricing and information outlined is the same for each.
Our pricing for bringing and defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal
£5,000 – £15,000
£1,000 – £3,000
£6,000 – £18,000
Medium Complexity Case
£15,000 – £30,000
£3,000 – £6,000
£18,000 – £36,000
High Complexity Case
£6,000 – £12,000
£36,000 – £72,000
We charge based on an hourly rate of £350 (+ VAT, charged at 20%)
Factors that could make a case more complex:
• If it is necessary to make or defend applications to amend claims or to provide further information about an existing claim
• Defending claims that are brought by litigants in person
• Making or defending a costs application
• Complex preliminary issues such as whether the claimant is disabled (if this is not agreed by the parties)
• The number of witnesses and documents
• If it is an automatic unfair dismissal claim e.g. if you are dismissed after blowing the whistle on your employer
• Allegations of discrimination which are linked to the dismissal
There will be an additional charge for attending a Tribunal Hearing of £1050 per day (+ VAT, charged at 20%). Generally, we would allow 1-5 days depending on the complexity of your case.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as barrister’s fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process, but will require you to put us into funds in order to do so.
Barrister’s fees estimated between £1,250 to £5,600 per day excluding VAT, charged at 20% (depending on experience of the advocate) for attending a Tribunal Hearing (including preparation).
The time that it takes from taking your initial instructions to the final resolution of your matter depends largely on the stage at which your case is resolved.
If a settlement is reached during pre-claim conciliation, your case is likely to take 1-6 weeks.
If your claim proceeds to a Final Hearing, your case is likely to take 12-18 months but in some cases may take longer.
This is just an estimate and we will of course be able to give you a more accurate timescale once we have more information and as the matter progresses.
The fees set out above cover all of the work in relation to the following key stages of a claim:
• Taking your initial instructions, reviewing the papers and advising you on merits and likely compensation (this is likely to be revisited throughout the matter and subject to change)
• Entering into pre-claim conciliation where this is mandatory to explore whether a settlement can be reached;
• Preparing claim or response
• Reviewing and advising on claim or response from other party
• Exploring settlement and negotiating settlement throughout the process
• Preparing or considering a schedule of loss
• Preparing for (and attending) a Preliminary Hearing
• Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents
• Taking witness statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
• Preparing bundle of documents
• Reviewing and advising on the other party’s witness statements
• Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
• Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel
The stages set out above are an indication and if some of stages above are not required, the fee will be reduced. You may wish to handle the claim yourself and only have our advice in relation to some of the stages. This can also be arranged on your individual needs.