Call us today 0800 470 0331

blurred shot of an office room

Family Law Solicitors In Northwich

Handling family law matters can be overwhelming and complicated – but there’s no need to face them alone.

At Poole Alcock we offer a wide variety of services related to family law, allowing us to support you through this challenging time. Some of our services include: divorce, financial seperation, seperation agreements, child custody, domestic violence and injunctions, and social services childcare law. Our family law solicitors Northwich are always available to support you with your legal matter – get in touch today to book your no-obligation free initial consultation.

Request a Call Back

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Our Northwich Solicitors' Offices

Visit our solicitors at Poole Alcock Northwich. Our office is located in Gadbrook Park, just outside of Northwich. We are conveniently located just off the A556 bypass with free onsite parking for visitors.


Minerva House, Gadbrook Park, Rudheath, Northwich CW9 7RA
View location on map

01606 663989

Call Office

Email Office

Opening Times

Monday – Friday: 9am – 5:15pm
Weekends: Closed

We have over 34 offices in the UK – Book a Consultation

If you have a question about divorce or family law or if you would like to speak to our legal team, please complete our contact form or call us for free. The consultation can be arranged at a time and date that is convenient for you and we always endeavor to work with the utmost sensitivity with regards to your personal circumstances.

Family Solicitors in Northwich

Our law firm, Poole Alcock, provides a wide range of family law services in Northwich, including divorce solicitors, fixed-fee and no-fault divorce options, legal aid for divorce, and child custody and child law solicitors. Our team of experienced and compassionate Solicitors in Northwich will guide you through the legal process and provide personalised advice to help you make informed decisions. Whether you are going through a difficult divorce or fighting for custody of your children, we are here to support you every step of the way. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and let us help you navigate your family law matter with confidence.

Compassionate and Personalised Family Law Services in Northwich

Expert Legal Guidance for Divorce, Child Custody and More

We understand that family law matters can be some of the most difficult and emotional legal issues that our clients face. Whether you’re dealing with a divorce, child custody or support, or other family law matter, our experienced family law solicitors in Northwich are here to provide you with compassionate, personalised, and expert legal advice and representation.

Divorce: Our Divorce Solicitors Northwich understand that going through a divorce can be one of the most challenging times in a person’s life. We’re here to help you navigate the legal complexities of divorce, including property division, spousal support, and child custody and support. We’ll work with you to negotiate a fair and equitable outcome that meets your unique needs and the needs of your family.

Child Custody and Support: Our family law solicitors in Northwich also have extensive experience handling child custody and support matters. We understand that your child’s best interests are your top priority, and we’re committed to protecting those interests throughout the legal process. We’ll work with you to negotiate a custody and support arrangement that meets your needs and your child’s needs and ensure that your legal rights are protected every step of the way.

At Poole Alcock in Northwich, we believe that every client deserves personalised and compassionate legal advice, and we’re committed to providing you with the highest level of service and support. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with your family law needs in Northwich.

Our Range of Family Law Services in Northwich

At Poole Alcock, we provide a range of family law services to clients in Northwich and surrounding areas. Our team of experienced solicitors can help you with any legal issues related to family law, including divorce, child custody, and financial settlements.

Our Family Law and Divorce Solicitors are dedicated to providing you with the support and guidance you need to navigate the complexities of divorce and separation. We offer Fixed-Fee Divorce Solicitors services, giving you certainty about the cost of your divorce from the outset. Our No-Fault Divorce Solicitors can help you get divorced without the need to prove fault, while our Legal Aid Divorce Solicitors can assist you if you are eligible for legal aid.

In addition to divorce services, our team of Child Custody and Child Law Solicitors can provide advice and representation on matters relating to children, including child custody and child maintenance. We understand that the welfare of children is of the utmost importance, and we will work with you to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.

If you need any help or advice on family law matters, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Poole Alcock. Our team of experienced solicitors in Northwich will be happy to assist you.

As family lawyers in Northwich, we are here to help.

Our experienced solicitors at Poole Alcock are on hand to support you with a range of legal services.

group 531

Other areas we cover under Children’s Services and Family Law in Northwich

  • Child Custody
  • Change of Schools
  • Parental Responsibility
  • Change of Surnames
  • Child Abduction
  • Rights for Unmarried Couples

Call our Northwich office today on 0800 470 0331 

As Leading family lawyers in Northwich, why choose us?

We're proud to stand out from our competitors for the exceptional service we offer.

Over 50 Specialist Solicitors
in the UK
Ratings and Reviews
We Are Top-Rated Solicitors
130 years
Established in 1889, we have a heritage spanning over an incredible 130 years

Meet Your Family Law Solicitors Northwich

Arrange A Consultation

Please submit your information regarding your family matter and a member of the Poole Alcock team will respond to you as soon as possible. If you have a quick question, please feel free to call 01270 876550.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Frequently Asked Family Law & Divorce Questions

Can I Get Legal Aid?

If you are considered a ‘proven victim of domestic abuse’ or your child is at risk of harm, you may qualify for legal aid. There is also a financial test that will apply and you should contact our legal aid team for a Legal Aid pack, if you think that you may be eligible.

I Want To Make An Application To Court, Do I Have To Attend Mediation?

Yes you must attend a MIAM (Mediation Information Assessment Meeting) before making an application to court- unless you are exempt due to domestic abuse, or there is an applicable exception, such as urgency.

I Have Reached An Agreement About The Financial Split With My Former Spouse, What Should We Do?

You should ensure that the agreement reached is binding and enforceable upon you both. The only way to do this is to draw up the agreement within a financial consent order. It is important that this document is drawn-up by a qualified specialist and if your ex’s solicitor draws up the agreement, ensure you also obtain independent legal advice on the contents.

The Family Home Is Owned In My Spouse's Name And They Say I Do Not Have Any Rights, Is That Correct?

No. If you are married or in a civil partnership you will have a financial interest as the family home will be considered a matrimonial asset. You can apply to protect your interest in the family home by registering a Notice of Home Rights. This is something that you should talk to our team about urgently. For unmarried parties, you can seek to claim a beneficial interest in the property, even if you are not named on the legal title.

Will I Need A Court Order To See My Children?

If parents are not able to agree the arrangements for children to see both parents then it may be necessary to ultimately apply to the court. There are a number of alternatives available, including; solicitor-led negotiation, mediation, family based counselling and parenting courses to help separated parents learn to work together. We can guide you through the options and try to reach an agreement without the need for court involvement. In high conflict cases we will fight your case through the court route.

Can I Keep My House After The Divorce?

The aim in all cases will be to ensure that both parties and the children’s housing needs are met. Depending upon the assets available, it may be possible to enable one of the parties to remain living at the former family home post-separation. Our experienced family law specialists will be able to talk to you about your options and work with you to achieve your best outcome.

How Can I Pay For A Solicitor?

There are a number of options, including; using income and capital, financial support or loans from family and friends, commercial lending from banks, credit cards, a specialist litigation loan, an agreement with your former spouse that they pay, or court order directing them that they must pay, and Legal Aid funding. Talk to our team about the funding options available in your case.

If I Have Kids, How Is Custody Decided?

Parents should try to decide together what the living arrangements should be for children. If you can decide between yourselves, there is no need to take the matter to court. Under the Children Act 1989, the court will always rule that no order should be made unless it is in the best interests of the child, and will only intervene if absolutely necessary. This is often only required in more complex cases where there are safeguarding concerns.

Is Divorce Settlement Taxable Income?

In England and Wales the majority of settlements will not be taxable income, but circumstances do vary on a case by case basis. There may be other tax considerations you need to take into account, including issues of Income Tax, Inheritance Tax, Stamp Duty and Capital Gains Tax. Your solicitor will be able to advise on these.

When Divorced, How Is Property Divided?

After ascertaining the value of the property, you need to decide whether someone wants to keep it. Any person keeping property will need sufficient borrowing capacity for the existing mortgage and outgoings, and might need to ‘buy out’ the other person’s financial interest. In some cases, it is possible for the other party to retain a deferred interest in the property — this is usually so that dependent children can remain in the family home. In other cases it may be possible to offset the property’s equity against other assets such as a pension pot, savings and investments. Often there are financial reasons that mean a 50/50 split of the equity in a property is not a ‘fair’ division. There may also be good reason to argue that a greater share of the equity in a property should be retained by one party over the other. 

Does Divorce Revoke A Will?

No, your Will remains valid and it’s vital that you amend or update it when going through divorce. For the purposes of inheritance, the Will will treat your ex-partner as though they have died during the divorce proceedings, so you will need to update your beneficiaries to ensure any inheritance is divided as you wish.

Divorce: Where To Start?

Begin by consulting a solicitor; we offer a free initial consultation without obligation to begin the process. Once instructed, we will draft a divorce application on your behalf and file with the court. After your spouse responds to the application, 20 weeks after the date of issue you can apply for a conditional order and then 6 weeks later a final order finalising the divorce. It’s worth noting that this process is purely the divorce side of things – resolving finances is often an area of difficulty which requires expert legal advice.

Are Divorce Records Public?

Yes, but none of the fine details of a divorce are available to the public. The only thing on public record is the Decree Absolute, which just contains the parties’ names and the date of the proceedings.

What Accreditations Do You Have?

Resolution Members
Our solicitors are all members of Resolution – a national organisation of family lawyers committed to non-confrontational divorce and separation.

Accredited Team
We are accredited by the Law Society and have members on the Advanced Family Panel of Solicitors.

Collaborative Lawyer
Richard Barratt – the head of the Divorce and Family Team – is also a qualified Collaborative Lawyer.

What does this mean? Well, under the collaborative process, each person appoints their own collaboratively trained lawyer and you and your respective lawyers all meet together to work things out face to face. Both of you will have your lawyer by your side throughout the process and so you will have their support and legal advice as you go.

Resolution Specialist Accredited Members
Helen Stoller is also a Specialist Accredited Member of Resolution in relation to finances and children matters.

How Long Does It Take To Get A Divorce?

It will take at least 20 weeks from the date the divorce application is issued to the date of the conditional order (the first stage). It will take a minimum of a further 6 weeks before you can apply for the final order ending your marriage or civil partnership. This means, a straightforward divorce can take around 6-8 months. Often divorces can take longer because parties are negotiating and finalising a financial settlement arising from their separation.

How Much Does A Divorce Cost?

In England and Wales, it currently costs £593 to pay the court.

We can arrange a consultation to discuss your reasons for divorce and offer fixed fees so we can continue to process your request. Throughout the entire process, our professional divorce and family law solicitors will support and represent you with our expert advice to achieve the very best outcome.

You may qualify for a court fee reduction from the government. We can offer Fixed-Fees Divorces and Payment Plans, depending upon your circumstances

Related Insights

Sign up to our newsletter

apply area-criminal area-divorce area-employment area-home area-motoring area-personal arrow_downarrow-left-long arrow_leftarrow-right-long-menu arrow-right-long arrow-right asbestos-claimsbenefits-health benefits-incentive £ benefits-nursery benefits-pension blueprintbottom-wave-180 bottom-wave buildingsbusiness-services calendarcertificationcharitychat checklist clockcommercial-propertyconvey_icon_purchase_standardconvey_icon_remortgageconvey_icon_sale_purchase convey_icon_sale conveyancingcriminal-defencecrossdefencedisputesdivorce-family divorce documentsdownloaddrink-drivingeducationemail-altemail-outlineemail employmentevent-calendarfixed-fee-divorcefor-salegravelheartbeathero-wave home-searchhospitalhousehricon_laptop_add icon_purchase_standard icon_quill icon_tick icon-feather-mail icon-user input-error input-upload input-valid job-descriptionlegal-aidlitigationmap-marker map-pinmoneypersonal-injurypersonal-services phone-primary phone play pluspropertyremortgagesearch-primary searchseparationsocial-facebook social_googleplussocial_instagramsocial_linkedin_altsocial-linkedin social_pinterestlogo-twitter-glyph-32social_youtubesoldtenanttick_circle_green tick-white ticktoggle-cross traffic-accidenttreetriangle will-probatewillwrite-a-will